Thursday, February 3, 2011

When I was a child                                 , I remember
                             naive, wise but unwise
watching television                                 , all the while
                            love romance laughter
thinking that nothing will ever happen to me
like that                               , both good and bad.
            but life surprises you

Even now, I do the same
                   daydream daydream daydream
                   think think think think think think
                   daydream daydream daydream
because I don't know how NOT to
and not to doubt them.

I sit there                                         , moving
             unnerved tense and anxious!
at the table                                                    , escaping
                 window floor window and all over
she's doing great now - she's so happy here and
"I'm
      fucking
                 losing
                          it!" and I don't say it
I don't say things like that                                                                         , hardly.  
                                      to teachers social workers parents foster parents

No comments:

Post a Comment