Thursday, February 3, 2011

I could play Stevie Wonder and David Ruffin as much as I could ever want, but I don't think I will be getting any sleep tonight. When I'm laying down I love to hear their voices, "Always" by Stevie and "A Rainy Night in Georgia" by David from the Temptations are favorites. Tonight, though, I don't think it is going to work. My thoughts are racing again.

I think of... drinking hot chocolate in a teacher's office and telling my life story to her, as I've told my life story many times to different types of people. Of voluntarily putting something in my mouth without counting the calories, despite the four pounds that I have put on. Of hearing sentences beginning with "When you move to Calgary..." over and over again. Of thinking, "What have I done to get here?"

No comments:

Post a Comment