Monday, February 7, 2011

I've received a message from my father -

"Hi Sweetie,

I'm coming to town soon and I want to see you! I want you to come out and meet my girlfriend. She's lots of fun and you will like her. She really wants to meet you.

I'm bringing you a brand-new bed for the house (the one we lived in before him and my mother split, he still owns it). It's really comfy. I want you to come stay with us lots because I'll be away at work. It will be my girlfriend there alone, and I'm sure that she'll love the company seeing that she doesn't know anyone around here. She'd like to get to know you. Here is my number: __________ . You can call if you want. I really do miss you.

I plan on getting my Class 1 driver's license, so I can make two-thousand dollars a day driving a truck up north! When I start making good money, I'll buy you a car.

Bye, Honey."

The same old tricks that he's used on me for years... bribe, bribe, bribe! New bed, new car, new girlfriend. He always has a new girlfriend. I don't need to keep meeting new people and I sure as hell don't want to go back to the house where - yeah - he left me with no food, electricity or water. Too many bad memories of that time. I don't even think he knows that I'm in foster care.

As for the Class 1 driver's license, it isn't going to last. My father has never been able to hold a job. Don't be fooled - not as "nice" as he comes off to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment