Monday, January 31, 2011

Voice of Wisdom

Brilliantly red, orange and yellow they were
the trees I saw stood unusually vibrant
casting shadows on the leaves between them
upon the healthy grass sprawlingly
            in the breezy warmth
            only October could bring.

I imagined it was like a day
a perfect day of which pictures were taken
            for a calender
            or a landscape you'd see
            in a painting.
           
Tremendous it was, yet simple
            magnificent and lovely
            and beautiful.

Left to my thoughts as silence prevailed
they were not lonely
but only in an angel's grace
            they whispered
            and whispered wistfully
            in truth but mostly
            in wisdom.

They whispered when passed the rows of stone
of flowers in every color
         they whispered to me
         their stories
         in that angelic voice
         the truest voice
         of wisdom.

"Once again, life has taken on it's true form
         earth to earth
         ashes to ashes
         dust to dust
in sure and certain hope of Ressurection into eternal life."

Those words of prayer resounded the marble walls
         as if it were an age-old song
         never created
         simply only
         existed.  

Innocent, lively and pure the child, my cousin I held
why he had faith in me, I'll never know
         he had those eyes
         bright blue, clear
         sunny and wonderful
like my own at his age.  

I was once a child, not long ago
        but it does
        it seems a distant time
        long ago
when one never expects, and whether what is wanted
that one is always surprised.

I came to this place and saw his name, still partly a child
a million times throughout sixteen years I'd seen it
      on birthday cards
      christmas cards
      gifts of any kind
      written big in black
      in bold
      in marble
and as forever on I'd see it now.

Before the gates closed on the cars that left
      of the people the exited
      crying, sobbing
      remembering
      mourning
he had given me a final gift, a good-bye
the greatest that's ever been given.

I came to this place a child within
      scared and lonely
      and confused, yet all-knowing
but I had left with his forever-remaining
      
voice of wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment